Adult Weekend Camp - Goalies
The Goaltender...the most important person on the ice, yet the least instructed person in the sport. Join camp as a goaltender with the focus on improving your individual style. We'll sharpen your effectiveness between the pipes with one-on-one coaching from the best goaltending instructors. Be in goal when your team is on the ice and experience actual game playing situations with immediate feedback from your goalie coaches.
Day Camp Package Includes:
- 12 hours of on ice instruction beginning Thursday evening and ending Sunday morning.
- 2 hours on-ice Thursday evening.
- 4 hours on-ice Friday divided into two 2-hour sessions.
- 4 hours on-ice Saturday divided into two 2-hour sessions.
- 2 hours on-ice Sunday morning.
- Daily Daily Power Skating sessions to enhance agility in movement, recovery, mobility, and foot speed.
- Develop individual skills such as stance, movement, angle play, rebound control, and puck handling.
- Learn save selection and technique. Learn exactly how to read, react, and even dictate what happens during an offensive attack.
- Understand breakaway concepts and techniques. Know when to come out and how far, how quickly to back up, what visual cues to look for and what saves to make.
- Video Feedback to analyze individual skill development.
- Actual game playing experience during your team’s scrimmages and small area games.
- Very limited space. Signup early.
- Personalized lectures centered on the goalie position and your questions. Topics covered: advantages and drawbacks of goaltending styles, goalie responsibilities, pre-game preparation, in-game focus, regrouping after a goal, learning from and bouncing back from a bad game.
- Seminars on pre-game stretching, nutrition and game preparation, hockey sense and the mental game.
- Stretching and Flexibility Sessions.
Additional Package Details:
- Meet and Greet Reception Thursday evening.
- Saturday Evening Banquet and Closing Ceremonies.
- Official Personalized (Name and #) CAN/AM jersey and matching socks.
- Team photo.
- CAN/AM Camp souvenir.
- Camp Workbook to supplement your training and to help you continue to improve throughout your season.
- Optional recreation includes activities such as trying your luck at the casinos, taking in a show, golfing, helicopter rides, jet skiing on lake Mead, sightseeing, and fine dining!