High Level Training
Sacrifice, sweat, and countless hours of repetition and practice! Hockey success requires more than talent alone. It takes the will to compete and win! The determination to push yourself to your limit and beyond.
All campers in our High Level Training Camp will be travel players who will be expected to arrive ready for a challenge! We will surround your camper with enthusiastic and professional coaches with the tools necessary to provide a week of demanding, hard work to help push them to the next level. If you want to give your child the best chance for a successful season next year, this is the program!
The High Level Training Camp is an advanced program designed exclusively for Travel, All-Star and Rep Team players. Applicants are required to submit a resume with their application.
Boarding and Day options. Ages 11-17.
For High Level Players: All applicants must complete a hockey resume
(during your on-line registration process) for consideration.
- 22 hours of intense on ice instruction with targeted training beginning Sunday evening and ending Saturday morning.
- Sunday evening evaluation introduces you to the CAN/AM way and gives instructors their first chance to evaluate goalies.
- Monday-Friday: players will have two 2-hour sessions daily, each with specific skills and goals.
- Saturday session serves as a recap from the week and a chance to display enhanced skills during a final scrimmage.
- Advanced daily power skating sessions with a specialized power skating instructor to enhance stride strength, balance, speed, and agility. Specifically designed for the next level player.
- Specialized on-ice curriculum for the High Level Training Camp includes individual skill instruction and positional, situational, and game play with an emphasis on speed, flow & execution.
- Focus on puck control skills, passing and playmaking at top speed.
- Position specific training for forwards & defensemen including offensive and defensive zone play, scoring techniques, power play/penalty killing, and checking strategies
- Coverage: Learn how to cover your “area” as well as your “man”.
- Time and Space: Learn when to “go” and when to “slow down” with and without the puck in game situations.
- Gap Control: Forwards will learn the importance of attacking the opposing defenseman and getting them on their heels. Defensemen will learn to keep their “gap” with the attacking forward in defending the prime scoring areas on the ice.
- Learning proper body contact: When and when not to use the body, “shadowing”, controlling the slot area and use of angles. (body contact will be taught in a controlled environment at an age appropriate level)
- Testing for skating speed, shot power, and shot accuracy.
- Instructional scrimmages early in the week to emphasize and implement new skill development. Coaches will give feedback on the ice and on the bench.
- Professionally coached end of week games with referees and personalized stats from the games.
- Scouting report from accredited player scouts.
- Instant video feedback during the week from on-ice sessions.
- Accelerated off-ice program that includes speed & agility training, shooting skills, stick handling circuit, team building, and techniques & tactics.
- Foot Speed, Agility Training & Flexibility:
- Agility stations including ladder drills, Gorilla steps, Dot Drill mats, Power Slide boards, core strengthening via medicine balls and resistance bands, balance and flexibility training.
- Shooting Gallery:
- Improve your shooting accuracy off-ice with the Top Shot, interactive indoor shooting gallery.
- Increase shooting power with proper technique and repetition at our outdoor shooting gallery.
- Techniques & Tactics:
- Designed to introduce and reinforce concepts used during situational and positional play on-ice. By introducing these physical elements off-ice, we can help skaters focus on the mental and physical skills involved without having to worry about on-ice distractions. This leads skaters to a much greater understanding of the skill or concept in question.
- Team Challenge:
- Learning of what "TEAM" means is an important part of developing hockey players. You will learn the importance of such critical hockey team skills as desire, cooperation, trust, motivation and just plain hard work towards a common goal. This program is under the supervision of our special Team Challenge staff and instruction is geared towards safety as a priority.
- Interactive lectures focusing on your position and your questions. Topics covered:
- Review and critique of professional situations and breakdowns resulting in goals.
- Responsibilities of forwards & defensemen (Defensive, Neutral, and Offensive zones).
- Detailed walkthroughs for: breakouts, attacking the zone (triangle and cycling), face off positioning, special teams.
- Understanding different goaltending styles and taking advantage of their weaknesses.
- Pre-game preparation & in-game focus.
- Learning and bouncing back from a bad game.
- Hockey and higher education.
- Fitness Testing for flexibility, sprinting, endurance, and power.
- See how you measure up against hockey players of your age.
- Although hockey, both on and off the ice, is the focus at camp, there are times set aside for recreation in order to relax, have fun and take a break from the concentrated hockey program.
- Field trip to the Lake Placid Olympic Training Center
Additional Package Details:
- 7 days 6 nights accommodations at double occupancy.
- Sunday camp registration 1:30pm-3:30pm and Opening Ceremonies.
- Sunday team dinner.
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner Monday-Friday.
- Breakfast Saturday morning.
- Olympic Center Guided Tour: How Lake Placid got the Olympic bid and the importance of the Miracle on Ice.
- Friday Evening Closing activities.
- Saturday closing remarks, Awards Ceremonies, and check-out.
- CAN/AM Camp souvenir.
- Official CAN/AM camp jersey.
- Personal Scouting Report: Detailed end of week evaluation including coaches’ assessment based on your on-ice and off-ice progression and testing results.
- Training workbook to supplement your on-ice training and to guide you through on and off-ice workouts for the upcoming season.