Have you ever dreamed of having your own personal coach to help you with your game? Well this is your opportunity.
CAN/AM is offering this unique program to only 20 skaters at each age group. Join ten coaches in a week designed specifically for you. Each ice time will be designed with you specifically in mind. Having trouble with backward crossovers to your left? Your coach can work with you. Weak slapshot? No problem as your coach takes you aside for your personalized instruction. Never really understood the “trap” but were afraid to ask? Here is a chance to pick your coach’s brain. Off-Ice, the coach can teach you the exercises you need to improve.
This Camp is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Don’t miss this exciting opportunity to work one-on-one with the best teachers in the game of hockey!
In Niagara, Ontario you have the option to create a Parent/Child experience July 17-23.
Boarding and Day options. Ages 10-17.
Groups limited to 20 skaters on the ice. (Program is for Skaters only)
- 17 hours of quality on ice instruction with targeted training beginning Sunday evening and ending Saturday morning.
- Sunday evening skate & evaluation introduces you to the CAN/AM way and gives instructors their first chance to evaluate players.
- Monday-Friday: players will have two 1 ½ hour sessions daily, each with specific skills and goals.
- Saturday session serves as a recap from the week and a chance to display enhanced skills during a final scrimmage.
- Personalized and individualized 2:1 player to instructor teaching ratio.
- Discuss your personal agenda with your coach.
- Mid-week phone call from your coach to keep parents up to date with camper’s progress.
- Daily power skating sessions with a specialized power skating instructor to enhance stride strength, balance, speed, and agility.
- Learn exactly how you and your position fit into game situations like forechecking, neutral zone transitions, penalty killing, offensive set-ups and more.
- Focus on such individual skills as offensive and defensive positioning in front of the net, face offs and face off tie-ups, shadowing, shot blocking, deking, angling and much more.
- Train and perfect individual skills:
- Improve your shooting accuracy.
- Develop a quick release.
- Increase shooting power significantly.
- Learn and re-learn when, where, and how to execute the correct shot from the best location to score.
- Execute pinpoint passes.
- Stickhandle in tight areas and in the open ice with your head up.
- Learning proper body contact: When and when not to use the body, “shadowing”, controlling the slot area and use of angles. (body contact will be taught in a controlled environment at an age appropriate level)
- Testing for skating speed, shot power, and shot accuracy.
- Instructional small area games to challenge campers and implement new skills.
- Personal video analysis of your individual style and skills – a CAN/AM coach gives you specific input and skill development tips using video feedback.
- 3-4 hours of targeted off-ice hockey training daily targeting areas needing improvement based on your goals and your coaches' feedback.
- Foot Speed, Agility Training & Flexibility:
- Agility stations including ladder drills, Gorilla steps, Dot Drill mats, Power Slide boards, core strengthening via medicine balls and resistance bands, balance and flexibility training.
- Shooting Gallery:
- Improve your shooting accuracy off-ice with the Top Shot, interactive indoor shooting gallery.
- Increase shooting power with proper technique and repetition at our outdoor shooting gallery.
- Techniques & Tactics:
- Designed to introduce and reinforce concepts used during situational and positional play on-ice. By introducing these physical elements off-ice, we can help skaters focus on the mental and physical skills involved without having to worry about on-ice distractions. This leads skaters to a much greater understanding of the skill or concept in question.
- Team Challenge:
- Learning of what "TEAM" means is an important part of developing hockey players. You will learn the importance of such critical hockey team skills as desire, cooperation, trust, motivation and just plain hard work towards a common goal. This program is under the supervision of our special Team Challenge staff and instruction is geared towards safety as a priority.
- Personalized lectures focusing on your position and your questions. Topics covered:
- Review and critique of professional situations and breakdowns resulting in goals.
- Responsibilities of forwards & defensemen (Defensive, Neutral, and Offensive zones).
- Detailed walkthroughs for: Breakouts, attacking the zone (triangle and cycling), face off positioning, and special teams.
- Understanding different goaltending styles and taking advantage of their weaknesses.
- Understanding breakaway concepts and techniques. Know what to do when a goalie comes out from his net, how slowly or quickly to approach, what visual cues to look for and what final move to make.
- Pre-game preparation & in-game focus.
- Learning and bouncing back from a bad game.
- Hockey and higher education.
- Fitness Testing for flexibility, sprinting, endurance, and power.
- See how you measure up against hockey players of your age.
- Although hockey, both on and off the ice, is the focus at camp, there are times set aside for recreation in order to relax, have fun and take a break from the concentrated hockey program.
- One-on-one sessions with you and your coach.
Additional Package Details:
- 7 days 6 nights accommodations at double occupancy.
- Sunday camp registration 1:30pm-3:30pm and Opening Ceremonies.
- Sunday team dinner.
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner Monday-Friday.
- Breakfast Saturday morning.
- Friday evening closing activities.
- Saturday closing remarks, Awards Ceremonies, and check-out.
- CAN/AM camp souvenir.
- Official CAN/AM Camp jersey.
- Personal Scouting Report: Detailed end of week evaluation including coaches’ assessment based on your on-ice and off-ice progression and testing results.
- Training workbook to supplement your on-ice training and to guide you through on and off-ice workouts for the upcoming season.