Boarding and Day options. Ages 11-17. Distinct age groupings.
For High Level Goalies: All applicants must submit a hockey resume (available at canamhockey.com) for consideration.
- 27 hours of intense on ice instruction and station training beginning Sunday evening and ending Saturday morning.
- Sunday evening evaluation introduces you to the CAN/AM way and gives instructors their first chance to evaluate goalies.
- Monday-Friday: players will have two 2-hour sessions daily, each with specific skills and goals.
- Monday-Friday: Additional 1-hour session exclusively for individual goalie development.
- Saturday session serves as a recap from the week and a chance to display enhanced skills during a final scrimmage.
- Goaltenders separated into small groups according to ages and ability to maximize learning.
- Daily power skating sessions to enhance agility in movement, recovery, mobility, and foot speed.
- Train and perfect individual skills such as stance, movement, angle play, rebound control, and puck handling.
- Learn save selection and technique. Learn exactly how to read, react, and even dictate what happens during an offensive attack.
- Use of screen boards, deflection boards, and mirrors to sharpen anticipation, reaction, and form.
- Personal video analysis of your individual goaltending style and skills – a CAN/AM coach gives you specific input and skill development tips using video feedback.
- Dedicated shooting staff (during goalies only sessions) capable of challenging any goaltender. Our shooters play at the pro, junior, collegiate, and AAA levels. We will adjust our shot speed and strength based on goalie age and experience.
3-4 hours of targeted off-ice hockey training daily including the following components:
- Foot Speed, Agility Training & Flexibility:
- Agility stations including ladder drills, Gorilla steps, Dot Drill mats, Power Slide boards), core strengthening via medicine balls and resistance bands, balance and flexibility training.
- Read & React:
- Hand-eye coordination exercises, reflex and anticipation, along with mental and visualization techniques for control and confidence.
- Techniques & Tactics:
- Designed to introduce and reinforce concepts used during situational play on-ice. By introducing these physical elements off-ice, we can help goalies focus on the mental and physical skills involved without having to worry about on-ice distractions. This leads goalies to a much greater understanding of the skill or concept in question.
- Team Challenge:
- Learning of what "TEAM" means is an important part of developing hockey player. You will learn the importance of such critical hockey team skills as desire, cooperation, trust, motivation and just plain hard work towards a common goal. This program is under the supervision of our special Team Challenge staff and instruction is geared towards safety as a priority.
- Interactive lectures focusing on the goalie position and your questions. Topics covered:
- Advantages and drawbacks of goaltending styles.
- Understand breakaway concepts and techniques. Know when to come out and how far, how quickly to back up, what visual cues to look for and what saves to make.
- Review and critique of professional situations, saves, and breakdowns resulting in goals.
- Goalie responsibilities.
- Pre-game preparation & In-game focus.
- Regrouping after a goal.
- Learning from and bouncing back from a bad game.
- Hockey and higher education.
- Fitness Testing for flexibility, sprinting, endurance, and power.
- See how you measure up against goalies of your age.
- Although hockey, both on and off the ice, is the focus at Camp, there are times set aside for recreation in order to relax, have fun and take a break from the concentrated hockey program.
Additional Package Details:
- 7 days 6 nights accommodations at double occupancy.
- Sunday camp registration 1:30pm-3:30pm and Opening Ceremonies.
- Sunday team dinner.
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner Monday-Friday.
- Breakfast Saturday morning.
- Friday Evening Closing activities.
- Saturday Closing Remarks, Awards Ceremonies, and Check-Out.
- CAN/AM Camp souvenir.
- Official CAN/AM Camp jersey.
- Personal Scouting Report: Detailed end of week evaluation including coaches’ assessment based on your on-ice and off-ice progression and testing results.
- Training workbook to supplement your on-ice training and to guide you through on and off-ice workouts for the upcoming season.
Day Camper Package: Day camper schedules run from first ice to last ice, approximately an 8 hour day.
Includes all of the above program details except accommodations and certain meals*.
*Sunday team dinner and 1 meal per day Monday-Friday included. The daily meal offered falls in between ice sessions.
Super Day Camper Package: Super Day camper schedules run from breakfast to the last activity of the day, a 12 to 14 hour day.
Includes all of the above program details except accommodations.
For campers who wish to attend more than one week, stay over services are available at an additional cost.
CAN/AM camp schedules include a full day of planned, organized activities from wake-up until bed-time. On-ice hockey training is supplemented with dynamic off-ice hockey training, lectures, and fitness work. Other fun recreation activities are also planned. Schedules are designed for age specific groups, matching activities to the campers’ ages.
There is constant supervision throughout the day and night. Counseling staff are with the group 24 hours a day, dedicated to the task of caring for your camper. Each activity is run by specific staff hired to focus solely on that activity, maximizing the potential for teaching and fun.