Adult One Week Camp - Goalies
The Goaltender...the most important person on the ice, yet the least instructed person in the sport. Join camp as a goaltender with the focus on improving your individual style. We'll sharpen your effectiveness between the pipes with one-on-one coaching from the best goaltending instructors. Be in goal when your team is on the ice and experience actual game playing situations with immediate feedback from your goalie coaches.
July 17-23 - All Levels
In Niagara, Ontario you have the option to create a Parent/Child experience during your week. To register, you must complete separate applications for each adult and child. Once you submit the applications, please contact our office at 800.678.0908 to confirm your participation in the program.
Resident Camp Package Includes:
- 21 ¼ hours of on ice instruction beginning Sunday evening and ending Friday evening.
- 1 ¾ hours on-ice Sunday evening.
- 3 ½ hours on-ice Monday-Friday divided into two 1 ¾-hour sessions.
- Two optional 1-hour ice sessions to provide individual practice on a specific skill.
- Daily Power Skating sessions to enhance agility in movement, recovery, mobility, and foot speed.
- Develop individual skills such as stance, movement, angle play, rebound control, and puck handling.
- Learn save selection and technique. Learn exactly how to read, react, and even dictate what happens during an offensive attack.
- Understand breakaway concepts and techniques. Know when to come out and how far, how quickly to back up, what visual cues to look for and what saves to make.
- Video Feedback to analyze individual skill development.
- Actual game playing experience during your team’s scrimmages and small area games.
- Very limited space. Signup early.
- Team Meetings with video analysis of games.
- Personalized lectures centered on the goalie position and your questions. Topics covered: advantages and drawbacks of goaltending styles, goalie responsibilities, pre-game preparation, in-game focus, regrouping after a goal, learning from and bouncing back from a bad game.
- “Techniques and Tactics” off-ice sessions to set the foundation for on-ice skill development.
- Seminars on pre-game stretching, nutrition and game preparation, hockey sense and the mental game.
- Stretching and Flexibility Sessions.
Additional Package Details:
- 7 days 6 nights accommodations at Ridley College at single occupancy.
- Meet and Greet Reception Sunday evening.
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner daily.
- Friday Evening Banquet and Closing Ceremonies.
- Official Personalized (Name and #) CAN/AM jersey and matching socks.
- Team photo.
- CAN/AM Camp souvenir.
- Camp Workbook to supplement your training and to help you continue to improve throughout your season.
- Optional recreation includes activities such as visiting the Hockey Hall of Fame, golfing, and sightseeing!